Your brain is super busy creating more than 60,000 thoughts per day.
Although you’re totally unaware of most of them, those occurring at the conscious level are the raw fuel that drive how you feel and how you behave.
What you think creates your feelings. Your feelings motivate whatever you decide to do or not do. And then your behavior creates the results you see in your life.
Honestly, it’s that simple.
That’s how the world operates whether or not you’re aware of it. Kind of like gravity. It’s always operational although you’re hardly ever conscious of it’s power.
All these thoughts you think constitute your beliefs.
A belief is nothing more than a thought you keep thinking. Thoughts you think over and over again form your beliefs.
Habitual thinking = beliefs.
A belief is nothing more than a collection of thoughts. Thoughts are just a collection of words you use to explain, evaluate, judge, interpret or describe a circumstance.
This means that you are 100% in control of what you think and the vast array of beliefs those thoughts solidify in your mind.
Since you are 100% in control of what you think, it follows that all thoughts are 100% optional!
Miracle of miracles. Such good news!
You get to choose your words, thoughts and beliefs. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Even though we might think that we’re making innocent observations of the “truth,” we aren’t.
We are just having thoughts.
Your brain is doing it’s job by offering up thoughts for you to believe today that it’s already used to thinking. Since one of it’s primary jobs is to conserve energy, it prefers to run on well-worn tracks.
But once your brain offers up habitual thoughts to think, you get push the pause button so you can look at them more closely to determine whether those thoughts/beliefs are serving you.
Are they promoting your best interests?
Are you showing up in your life as the woman you most want to be?
Your answers will determine whether or not these are beliefs you wish to keep or change.
What beliefs do you want to change?
Is there something in your life you wish were different or better?
Let’s find out what are your constellation of beliefs around that particular issue.
Follow these 3 steps to identify your beliefs.
Step 1: Identify your current thought.
- Ask yourself what you believe right now. These beliefs are so important because they determine what you will create in your life.
- What do believe about yourself?
- The people in your life?
- About your past?
- About your future?
- Do know why you think these thoughts? Can you make an educated guess?
Step 2: Create a new believable thought.
- Recognize that you can believe anything you choose to believe.
- If your current thoughts are not serving you, ask yourself what you want to believe instead.
- Don’t try to devise a thought that’s entirely opposite from the one you are thinking now. That is a recipe for failure.
- Your new thought must be believable. Try on thinking a new thought that improves slightly on the thought you’re thinking now.
- Take your time experimenting with a new thought to see how it resonates with you. If you find yourself feeling a notch better than you were, that is probably a useful new thought to think and practice.
Step 3: Practice. Practice. Practice.
- Practice believing your new thought.
- Catch yourself when your default old thinking tries to reassert itself. This normal and to be expected.
- Changing habitual thinking takes time and continuous practice. Many times a day. It takes a concerted effort to “overwrite” that tenacious default thinking.
- Write your new thought on post-it notes. Make it a password. Use it as a screen saver. Send yourself reminders.
You can’t just believe something for today. You need to believe it today, tomorrow and every day until you make your new beliefs your new reality.
Watch your perspectives and beliefs shift and your new preferred results materialize.
The journey of a 1,000 miles begins with the first step.
Take that first step, small though it may be.
You’re on your way to believing new things!
When changing old beliefs is challenging, I’m here to help.
Reach out to me right here for your free Strategy Call.
Let’s see what old beliefs you want to release. And how you can change those current beliefs into ones that help you live your best life.
Aaaah, what sweet relief.